24 July 2016

Elizabethan Resurrection

So...long time no see. Not going to waste my time with apologies. After all, this blog is for fun! The last two years have been pretty amazing. Two incredible full seasons with St Luke's, new job, lots of time in the gym lifting weights and getting swole, and discovering a love for hiking and the outdoors. The thing I haven't done much of? Sewing. Last season all I did was buy a new (totally awesome) hat!

My hat from Truly Carmichael with custom feather spray--worth every penny!

Well, unsurprisingly, I'm a bit bored with my wardrobe, so I've been doing a few small but efficient projects to revamp my wardrobe for the season. So practical of me! The first was sprucing up my petticoat to make up for about 7 or 8 years of hard wear. It had multiple stains and light spots from stain removal. The light gray color did not help that. So into an olive green dye bath it went! Still wet, looks promising:

But, once it dried it came out sorta greenish gray! Clearly this thing was not 100% linen like I remembered. No wonder it doesn't wrinkle much.

Nonetheless, looks pretty rad and textured now. I dig it!


I'm calling it "Original Hulk" colored. Feels so much better and took only an hour or two to do!!



No comments:

Post a Comment