18 July 2014

Folsom, Interrupted

I visited the Folsom Renaissance Faire with my little cousin Brooklynn the weekend after Northern ended. So, I've had a draft of a post for the Folsom Ren Faire done for a couple of months now waiting to post. However, then I started thinking about internet safety and identity control and decided not to post her pictures after all (this was really hard because they are SOOOOO CUTE). So here is an abridged version of the post to record what I wore and to encourage others to visit this lovely little faire.

The Folsom Renaissance Faire is a great small faire, lots of fun with nice booths and good atmosphere, and close to home to boot. It is also situated right next to the fantastic Folsom Zoo. It's definitely amusing to pop over to the zoo and wander around in your Elizabethan finery. Don't miss this bonus activity--make sure to take a break and see the animals!



took my plain waistcoat up a few notches with my red tall hat and snazzy jewelry for a change. I think it's a pretty good look, though in truth the hat should be worn with finer clothing than I have. Oh well, it was more about having a good time and being together, rather than worrying about the highest level of accuracy. Can't beat myself up too badly for not having my wardrobe up to par--just need to keep sewing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment